Sunday, October 2, 2016

Finish What Ya Start.....


Whoa there! It's been about three years since I posted on this blog. I have grown immensely since my last blog post! Not only has my style evolved I have grown as a human being. I fell out of love with the fashion industry but my passion for snarky writing and experimental poetry has blossomed. Creep & Chic started as a passion project to help me deal with the grief and emotional turmoil in my life. Thus, I have decided to return to my very first digital baby. While I am still the same creep as I was before here are some new things you should know.

  1. I came out as a non-binary femme and my preferred name is Cat and I use they/them pronouns. When this blog was first created I was still in the closet as a cis-hetero woman. (if you have no idea what I am talking about please google) I plan on using this blog to talk about style from the working class non binary femme perspective. 
  2. I have completed university, overcome homelessness, and obtained my very first apartment. Small accomplishments matter. Never give up.
  3. Due to the blatant racism and elitism of the fashion industry I have distanced myself from it completely. I am still a brand loyalist to a degree but for the most part I have no desire to discuss that here.
  4. If you want to read my poems you can do so here.
Now that this is out of the way, I hope you enjoy the new content I create. I promise to stay true to myself and the original intentions of Creep & Chic. Fashion is often times exclusive and only centers around the rich and privileged. My goal is to cater to the femmes and girls who still live check to check and wanna stay fly on a budget. More importantly, I hope to create visibility for other non-binary femmes who switch between gender presentation. Not all non-binary and gender non conforming people are masculine or androgynous. There is not one way to be feminine or masculine, girl or boy, man or woman. DO WHAT FEELS GOOD.

xoxo

Creep




No comments:

Post a Comment