Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fifty Shades of CREEP






Bonjour!
I found myself in a creative rut yesterday which led me to feeling like I was not working to my full potential. I asked myself, am I limiting myself to one box because I'm afraid? Yes! I was afraid. Afraid of actually being good at something. In life, we are blessed with many talents and gifts. Some people choose to specialize in just one and become experts while others embrace all their gifts and become jack of all trades. As a rising senior I feel like I should know exactly what I want in my career and how I want to grow professionally. However, my abundence of experience in varaious fields and my burning passion for writing, art, and fashion I always find myself at a crossroad. It causes me to have a mini breakdown where I want to slam my head into the wall repeatedly.

However, last night the little lightbulb in my head lit up and I have decided to do all the things I want to do. Life is about happiness and you should be happy in life and follow your heart. So in a nutshell I decided to be a jack of all trades, when I have the itch to write I will and I won't stop. I know I will eventually have to focus on chooosing a career  since I will be graduating college soon, but during my remaining semester I want to ressurect my writing and strengthen my craft.

Do you guys ever experience these moments?

Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Top: Old Navy
Lipstick: Lancome Fiery Attitude

9 comments:

  1. That skirt is just gorgeous! I completely understand what you mean about reaching your full potential, I feel the exact same way most of the time. Here's to hoping you have a great senior year and accomplish everything you want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It feels good to know I'm not alone lol

      Delete
  2. The skirt is absolutely beautiful, love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear your are wonderful! And your afro is amazing too, tks you for your lovely comment

    Much Love, ThePeppyMay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, you never really have to just choose ONE career path, you can always change your mind and do something else later. Loads of people do. I love that skirt/dress whatever it is btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to comment on your posts but I have so much trouble. Basically I wan you to get well soon and keep making awesome graphics and have a great anniversary with le boyfriend

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit and the pictures! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog.
    That is a lovely skirt!
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete